Thursday, February 25, 2021
Home USA News 95-year-old Nazi camp guard transferred from US to Germany

95-year-old Nazi camp guard transferred from US to Germany


A former guard of a German concentration camp was transferred to Germany after a stay of more than 60 years in the United States. Friedrich Karl Berger, a 95-year-old German, was a camp guard in 1945 at an outer camp of Neuengamme concentration camp, southeast of Hamburg.

According to intended Attorney General Wilkinson, the deportation shows that the US is not a free port for those involved in Nazi crimes and other human rights violations. “This case shows that even after many decades, this ministry does not shy away from pursuing justice for the victims of the Nazis.”

‘No wrongs seen’

- Advertisement -

Berger had lived in the US since 1959. Article link https://www.news1.news/news/2021/02/95-year-old-nazi-camp-guard-transferred-from-us-to-germany.html

The American Justice Department has investigated his role and he has confirmed to the American authorities that towards the end of the Second World War he worked for several weeks in the outer camp at Meppen, near the border with the Netherlands. In his own words he did not see any wrongdoing or murders at the time.

Berger said he saw to it that people did not escape from the camp. He also confessed that he was involved in the evacuation of the camp in 1945. At least 70 prisoners were killed.

A US court ruled last year that Berger should be deported after an investigation had started in the German city of Celle into his involvement in the deaths of inmates in the outer camp. Last December, prosecutors in Germany dropped the case against him because they had insufficient evidence to rebut Berger’s story.

Free man in Germany

Article link https://www.news1.news/news/2021/02/95-year-old-nazi-camp-guard-transferred-from-us-to-germany.html

The German prosecutor has asked the police in the state of Hesse to question Berger after his arrival at Frankfurt airport. This will have to be done voluntarily: a police spokesman says that there is currently no investigation against the former camp guard and that he is “a free individual”.




Important Alert

Dear reader.
I hope you are in health and well.
I offer you important instructions regarding this article

  • We only want readers to access information quickly and easily using other multilingual content, rather than information only available in a specific language.
  • We always respect the copyright of the author's content and always include
    the original link of the Source Article , and if the author does not agree, leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the author's request. Thank you so much! Warm greetings!


.

Source link
https://nos.nl/artikel/2369540-95-jarige-nazi-kampbewaker-vanuit-vs-naar-duitsland-overgebracht.html


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments