The rich country, which is in constant tension with Iran, was established only 50 years ago, but is already considered an Arab power.
- The United Arab Emirates is a country that unites seven emirates: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Qawin. Amirot is an area controlled by Amir. The title of emir is inherited by the family member who is the heir to the throne, and he becomes emir for the rest of his life.
- The leader in each of the emirates decides on internal questions of policy in the areas of economics, society and religion, while The foreign and defense policies of the Emirates are common.
The UAE has a ‘Supreme Council’ made up of the leaders of the seven emirates. The head of state and the ‘Supreme Council’ are the president, whose position has extensive political powers, and is elected for a five-year term from among the emirs of the states, although in practice Amir Abu Dhabi always serves as president.
- Today, the country’s population is about ten million. Sunni Muslim guns. The ratio between the number of men in the country and the number of women is unnatural, and twice as large as the number of women.
- United Arab Emirates President Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahian (born September 7, 1948) To one of the most prominent Arab leaders, And in 2013 was ranked 33rd in Forbes magazine on the list of the 100 most influential people in the world. The fortune of the El Nahian family is estimated at more than $ 150 billion.
- Since the discovery of oil in its territory in the early 1960s, there has been an economic revolution in the country, and today it is Among the richest countries in the Middle East in particular and in the world at all. The state’s GDP stands at $ 696 billion (32 worldwide). The state produces nearly 3.5 million barrels of oil daily.
- The issue of oil is one of the factors To the constant tension that exists between the country and Iran. There are differences of opinion between the countries regarding oil-rich areas.
- The tourism industry in the UAE in general and in Abu Dhabi in particular is in a constant growth process. In Dubai say many skyscrapers and luxury hotels and one of them is Burj al-Arab, which is one of the tallest hotels in the world. Among the main tourist sites in the country is the Burj Khalifa – the tallest tower in the world and perhaps the most famous structure in the UAE.
: More on the same topic