– Mikel Arteta is the first person to win the trophy with Arsenal both as captain and manager.
– Obmiang has scored a double or more on 17 different occasions in Arsenal uniform, 5 more than any other player in the Premier League team in the same period.
– In total since Obmiang joined Arsenal in February 2018, he has scored 70 goals in all competitions, one more than Muhammad Salah.
– This is Obmiang’s fifth goal in just three appearances in the English Cup. He scored against Manchester United last season and a pair against Manchester City in the semi-finals this season.
– Obmiang is the first conqueror in the semi-finals and cup final since Ian Rosh in the 1986 Liverpool uniform.
Obmiang (31 years and 44 days) is Arsenal’s oldest scorer in the Cup final since Bob John in 1932.
– Christian Polisic (21 years and 318 days) is the youngest scorer in the cup final since Ronaldo in 2004 (19 and 106 days).
Politic is the first American conqueror in the history of the Cup final.
– OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) August 1, 2020