Pérez was tested for the corona virus on arrival at Silverstone on Wednesday and the result turned out to be ambiguous. The Racing Point driver therefore had to undergo a second test, which revealed that he had been infected with the corona virus. Pérez was immediately quarantined and therefore could not participate in the race weekend in Great Britain. He was replaced by Nico Hülkenberg, who was rounded up by team boss Otmar Szafnauer at the last minute. However, Pérez feels excellent, he says.
Once Pérez was quarantined, the race weekend at Silverstone just started. The reporters there informed viewers at home that Pérez had mild complaints and Szafnauer also talked about his driver’s headache and sore throat. The team boss said the Mexican was “on the better”, but according to Pérez himself, nothing has ever happened. Although it has been tested positive for COVID-19, there have never been complaints. The 30-year-old driver says this on his Instagram account.
Martin Brundle full of praise for Verstappen: “He was the only one on radar Mercedes”read more
“Thank God I’m okay. I’ve had zero symptoms,” Pérez immediately dispels all messages. In fact, he felt so good that he did everything to pass the time, including training. “I spend my days working out, my iPad, the television, the phone and in the kitchen. Yes, these have been very long days,” writes Pérez, who is tired of being locked up. “Looking forward to returning soon! Thank you all for the support.”