Pérez is missing due to COVID-19 again at Grand Prix at Silverstone | NOW

0
5


Racing Point driver Sergio Pérez again tested positive for the corona virus on Friday. It means that he will be replaced by Nico Hülkenberg this weekend at Silverstone, just like last week.

Pérez completed his mandatory quarantine period on Thursday after testing positive for the first time last week. The Mexican needed a negative test result to be able to drive at Silverstone, but has not yet recovered.

“He is feeling fine physically and is recovering. The whole team wishes Sergio and his family the best and we look forward to his return,” Racing Point said in a statement.

At last week’s British Grand Prix, Pérez was also replaced by Hülkenberg. The German did not participate in the race after three free practice sessions and qualifying; his car’s engine failed him.

“Last week was a leap of faith after I left the team for a few years and got into a car I had never driven before. I have learned a lot about the RP20 by now,” said Hülkenberg.

The first free practice for the Grand Prix in honor of the seventieth anniversary of Formula 1 starts on Friday at noon. The second practice session starts four hours later.

GP start times of the 70th anniversary of Formula 1

  • First training: Friday at noon
  • Second training: Friday 4 p.m.
  • Third training: Saturday noon
  • Qualifying: Saturday 3 p.m.
  • Race: Sunday 3.10 pm

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here