The Netherlands is tightening up travel advice for Norway. Because the country requires travelers from the Netherlands to go into isolation from Saturday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (BuZa) advises people not to travel to Norway from that day on.
On the map of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway will turn orange from Saturday, but that does not mean that people returning from the Scandinavian country will have to go into isolation in the Netherlands, the ministry emphasizes. This does apply to countries that are on orange, because there are many infections there.
Norway announced the isolation requirement on Wednesday. It also applies to some other European countries. Travelers from the Netherlands must provide an address in advance, where they will then go into strict isolation for ten days. People who cannot prove that they have such an address can be refused at the border.
In Finland, travelers from the Netherlands have recently also been quarantined.
Hospitals are currently treating 150 people for the coronavirus, the highest number since July 2. “This increase follows the rapid increase in the number of new infections. It is crucial to contain this wave of contamination, otherwise the number of patients in hospitals could increase rapidly in the coming period ”, says Ernst Kuipers, chairman of the National Acute Care Network.
The number of corona patients in intensive care increased from 30 to 35, the highest number since the end of June. There are now 115 people with the virus on nursing wards. There were 97 on Tuesday. The total rose from 127 to 150 in one day.
The number of corona patients in hospitals has increased by 90 percent in two weeks, Kuipers emphasizes. At the end of July, the hospitals treated a total of 80 people who had been diagnosed with the corona virus.
613 people with other conditions are also in intensive care, 30 more than on Tuesday. This is also the highest number in almost two months.
- More than 600 new corona cases
- Not everyone is given a quarantine obligation just like that
- Norway: travelers from the Netherlands in self-isolation for 10 days
- Supermarket in Twente has to be closed due to corona rules
- A mouth mask is now mandatory in these tourist places
- Relatively many new corona infections in Zandvoort
- ‘Coronavirus even survives the freezer’
- Mouth masks are mandatory in Designer Outlet Roermond
- Camping Appelhof closes earlier after corona
- As of today, the Dutch can request a corona test online and see the results
- Universities renew contracts for corona victims
- Monday summary proceedings against the obligation to mask the mouth in Amsterdam
- Corona among visitors to Appelhof campsite on Terschelling
- Entry ban for travelers from Morocco due to an increase in the number of corona cases
- Six hundred corona infections in Aruba in just over a week
- Travel advice Malta changed to code orange
- Curfew in Antwerp will become night clock, catering establishments open longer
- 48 new corona patients in Belgian hospitals, highest number since the end of May
- Russia calls claims that corona vaccine is unsafe to be unfounded
- Mouth mask mandatory for everyone in Brussels
- China relaxes entry conditions for 36 European countries
- America secures 100 million doses of Moderna corona vaccine
- Number of new infections continues to rise in Germany: 1226 positive corona tests
- New Zealand postpones dissolution of parliament to corona
- La Bamba singer Trini Lopez (83) died of corona
- Actress Alyssa Milano shows hair loss ‘due to corona’
Are you abroad yourself and do you want to share your experiences regarding the corona virus with us? Mail us via [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible.
An update of the most important news every day during lunch.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.