Five new corona infections have been registered in Aruba. This was announced by Prime Minister Evelyn Wever-Croes on Monday evening (local time). These are local infections.
According to Wever-Croes, the population has not properly adhered to the corona rules in the past two weeks. And this, she says, is the result.
The government will immediately implement various measures to prevent further spread. The government urges everyone to wear a mask in places where it is not possible to keep more than 1.5 meters away. Such as, for example, shops, supermarkets and the office.
Furthermore, there are stricter rules for practicing sports, visiting restaurants and bars. A ban on gathering is also announced. In public spaces, no more than four people may stand or sit together.
Since Aruba reopened its air borders for visitors from the Netherlands, Canada and much of the Caribbean on July 1, more than ten thousand passengers, including 7000 tourists, have already landed. Americans have also been welcome since July 10. People wishing to travel to Aruba must take a corona test before departure, or undergo a test on arrival.
Nearly 3,000 people have now been tested for corona at the airport. In total, 14 active infections have been registered on the island.
- Most officials go to the office in September
- Tourists blinded by the color codes
- Consumers’ Association raises major alarm: ‘Travel vouchers often uncovered’
- New study: Coronavirus mainly struck via aerosols
- Student association: no introduction time after four positive corona tests
- Again nearly 400 corona infections detected
- Fauci: US states with many corona cases should consider lockdown
- Norwegian shipping company stops: 41 corona cases on 1 cruise ship
- 938 new corona cases in England
- Europe bought vaccine here: French prosecutors accuse pharmaceutical giant Sanofi of manslaughter
- The employer may not demand a corona test
- New CEO Heineken: ‘Hospitality industry needs vaccine’
- Central bank balance sheets explode to € 6000 billion
- Beer brewer Heineken hit hard by corona
- Positive corona case at Team Sunweb
- Footballer in England who intentionally gets a cough turns red
- UCI boss: ‘Tour de France does not stop at one corona case’
- Recordings Ranking The Stars start this month
- Nicole Kidman can finally hug her mom
The latest news in your inbox every day during lunch?
Invalid email address. Please enter again.
You can unsubscribe with 1 click