Knokke-Heist also denies day-trippers access to land … (Knokke-Heist)

0
8


The beach of Knokke Saturday.
Photo: BELGA

Knokke-Heist –
After Blankenberge, Knokke-Heist is now also banning day trippers from its territory until further notice. Anyone who wants to come to Knokke-Heist will have to submit proof to justify the trip, Mayor of Knokke-Heist Leopold Lippens said in a press release in the night from Saturday to Sunday. He refers to the incidents of the past days.


READ ALSO. Blankenberge takes drastic measures after heavy brawl on the beach: city will be closed for day tourists on Sunday

Lippens had already called on Friday not to travel to the coast this weekend and warned that the seaside town might refuse day visitors if it got too busy. However, the call seems to have fallen on deaf ears, according to the mayor.

“Dozens of incidents, both during the day and at night, make the city council feel compelled to take drastic measures. To guarantee public safety, day-trippers will no longer be able to visit Knokke-Heist for the time being, ”says Lippens. Until further notice, access will be limited to residents, second-time residents, overnight tourists and employees of the companies and organizations established in Knokke-Heist.

Large-scale checks will take place from Sunday, which will inevitably result in long traffic jams, the municipality warns. “All vehicles will be checked. Anyone who does not have a valid reason to be in Knokke-Heist must immediately turn around. All occupants must therefore be able to prove that they live, stay overnight, or work in Knokke-Heist ”, it concludes.

After the incidents of the past few days, the Municipality of Knokke-Heist has decided to no longer …

Posted by Knokke-Heist on Saturday 8 August 2020



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here