1. His thumb was not marked as a star from a young age. He played an amateur role in the Antioch district where he was born, but a meeting with former player Wilson Cano arranged for him the first opportunity. He was tested in several teams and after three months of training (!) At Mijonarius he finally got his first professional contract.
2. His peak season at Mijonarios was in 2015 with nine league goals in 35 games, but the following season he went down to the bench and began to wander. First he moved to Independiente Santa Fe, then to Jaguars de Córdoba and in 2017 his breakthrough came in Cucota Deportivo from the second division. He helped her win the championship and move up a league with 17 conquests in 2018 and allowed 14 times in 30 Premier League games the following season.
Jonathan Agudlo landed in Israel last night and will undergo medical tests on Sunday. pic.twitter.com/NuMLEsqc88
— Hapoel Be’er Sheva (@HBS_FC) August 14, 2020
3. A hint of the type of player that Hapoel B’Shlosha receives can be found in his nickname. Excellent speed and finish.In short, forget about Jose Angel Cario.
4. His thumb suffered a number of injuries during his career, and Hapoel B’Shlosha will have to pay attention to this. The last of which occurred in his last game before the transfer, last February. Exercise his purchase clause, even though he expressed his desire to stay.
5. A little over a year ago, his thumb experienced the biggest trauma of his life. His brother, 17-year-old Jorge, who was marked as one of the most promising players to come from the province of Antioch, was during training when he was shot four times from close range by assassins. According to local police, it was a mistake in identification, but although it offered 20 million pesos for anyone who would find out details about the killer’s whereabouts, he had not yet been apprehended.
6. If the terrible tragedy experienced by Jonathan was not enough, the Colombian association showed a blatant insensitivity towards the player and decided to fine him 8,181,260 pesos (7,500 NIS) after picking up a shirt at a goal-scoring celebration and revealing a picture of his brother. The appeal did not help either .
Jonathan Agudelo was fined for the @Dimayor for lifting his shirt and showing the image of his brother who was murdered. 8 million will have to pay the scorer of the @Cucutaoficial, What indolence of the leaders all for the vile money, the sensitivity does not matter.@ExtratiempoCO pic.twitter.com/1ZHbJg2zc0
– Sergio Prada (@ sierra72) July 18, 2019
7. The one who helped him get through some of the difficult time is none other than Diego Armando Maradona, who signed on to join his only team outside Colombia, Gymnasium La Plata. His thumb was forced to be alone in isolation in Argentina following the eruption of the corona and Diego understood in his heart: “He takes time to talk to me because he knows I am alone. He asks me if I feel lonely. I love him because he thinks first of the players.”
8. In an interview in April 2019, his thumb mentioned his two biggest dreams: to move to a player abroad and receive a summons for the Colombian team. He has already fulfilled the first dream. The second will depend on the ability he will demonstrate at Hapoel B’Shlosha.
Maradona, Jonathan Agudelo’s ‘dad’ in Argentina: “I told him to go to Medellín” https://t.co/uXZEphZLCL
– Gol Caracol (@GolCaracol) May 14, 2020