A quick diagnosis saved a toddler’s life

0
6



A two-year-old baby from Jerusalem came to the emergency room of Shaare Zedek Medical Center after she did not feel well, a quick examination revealed that it was a violent bacterium that threatened to spread to all parts of her body.

A two-year-old baby from Jerusalem came to the emergency room of Shaare Zedek Medical Center after she did not feel well, a quick examination revealed that it was a violent bacterium that threatened to spread to all parts of her body.

S., 2 years old from Jerusalem, is a generally healthy girl, suffered from fever and rash in her home, her parents assumed that it was something viral until she started vomiting again and again. “There I realized something was wrong.” Says mother. “From the moment S. started vomiting we immediately turned to the family doctor who claimed that there was no reason to worry. If we had not insisted it is possible that S. was not with us today.”
“S. came to us in an unstable condition with rash and fever. In an initial examination in the emergency room, the medical staff suspected that it was a violent bacterium such as meningococcus B, which could cause irreversible damage to various organs of the body.” Jupiter. He said the bacterium led to sepsis a condition in which the infection caused by the violent bacterium began to spread in her tiny body and endangered her life.

“S. was immediately treated in the emergency department of antibiotics and respiration and was rushed to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for significant supportive treatment to stabilize blood pressure, respiration and intravenous antibiotics. It was too late. “
According to Dr. Brown, it is a bacterium that is naturally found in various populations in the throat and sometimes for an unknown reason develops into a serious disease when the bacterium passes into the bloodstream and / or brain.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here