where is the investigation?


In the aftermath of the fire in the cathedral of Nantes, a volunteer from the diocese is heard in police custody, while the scientific police are still at work trying to determine the origin of the disaster.

Was the fire in Nantes cathedral intentional? The question still arises on Sunday, the day after the disaster which did not cause a victim but caused significant material damage. A volunteer from the diocese of Nantes was taken into police custody on Saturday as part of the investigation. Responsible for closing the cathedral on Friday evening, he was questioned on Sunday about inconsistencies in his schedule.

His lawyer, Maître Quentin Chabert, arrived at the police station a little after 1 p.m. on Sunday to meet him. According to him, there is no evidence for the moment to link his client to the fire. “If it turns out that the cause was not accidental, the best community to be able to show mercy towards the author or the perpetrators of the fire is the Catholic community. thinks it’s important to remember to put the situation into perspective and to consider that there was no human life in danger. No one lost their life. “

Unknown police officer

According to information from Europe 1, it is a 39-year-old Rwandan man, unknown to the police. He was arrested at his home on Saturday around 4 p.m., and his name would be Emmanuel. This long-time volunteer belongs to a team of around ten people. According to the prosecutor, “any interpretation which could implicate this person in the commission of the facts is premature and hasty”.

For now, investigators are considering criminal and accidental leads in parallel. According to information from Europe 1, the three fire starts were close to electrical installations. The hypothesis of an overvoltage and a chain reaction is therefore not excluded. The volunteer was still at the Nantes police station at the end of the day on Sunday.

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here