In his update, Trump urges citizens to wear a respirator when it is impossible to maintain social distance.
US president Donald Trump has mocked and downplayed the use of respirators throughout the spring and summer. Now, however, he has made a completely different way out.
Trump tweeted a black-and-white photo of himself on Monday with a mask adorned with a presidential seal.
“We’re fighting together to defeat China’s invisible virus, and many say it’s patriotic to wear a face shield when keeping distances isn’t possible,” Trump wrote in his cover letter.
– There is no one who is as patriotic as me, your favorite president!
Trump’s update contradicts his previous coronary views. Last last week, Trump said he is not ordering Americans to use a mask to curb the spread of the coronavirus, as people need to retain “a certain kind of freedom”. Earlier in the summer, he also stated that he did not think the use of the mask fit the image of a world leader.
Fox News Sundayn in a television interview with Trump on Sunday belittled coronavirus situation in the United States and said, among other things, that the high rates of infection and mortality in the United States are due to so many coronary tests. Trump also noted that he thinks the U.S. has one of the lowest mortality rates in the world.
In the United States, however, more than 140,000 people have died from the coronavirus. It is more than any other country. In relation to the population, however, there are still more victims in Britain and Spain, for example, at least for the time being.
About a week and a half ago, Trump was seen for the first time in public a protective mask on his face. Trump bowed under pressure as his advisers have long tried to get the president to wear the mask.
Trump the tweet spawned quickly under abundantly mocking comments.
– Jestas, it only took five months, 143,000 dead Americans, 42,000,000 unemployed Americans, 18 states with sharply rising figures and 15 percentage points more support To Joe Biden, one Twitter user wrote.
A recent measure of support according to Democratic candidate Joe Biden is currently more popular than Trump as the next president of the United States. In the support measurement, the difference is 15 percentage points.
– Imagine how many people would be alive right now if you had done this already in March, another wrote under Trump’s picture.
Trump has also rained sympathetic comments on the update.
– Heh heh, I like this! That’s why I voted for Donald Trump, a Twitter user wrote.
– The obligation to wear a mask is wrong, it must be people’s choice! They’ve made a face mask something that divides people, and that’s wrong. Thank you for talking about it, President Trump!
Some of Trump’s supporters also seem annoyed by the image, as they believe Trump should not make such updates. Admittedly, many also believed that Trump’s update is ironic.
– I am so angry that he did this. This photo annoys me endlessly, was annoyed on Twitter.