After the disappointment at the last minute’s victory against the Sassuolo, the Verona conquer three important points by beating the Parma 3-2 to Bentegodi. Decides the network of Pessina to 81 ’, which allows Hellas to go alone to eighth place and get closer to Milan and Europe area. Di Carmine on penalty e Zaccagni mark the other two Veronese goals. Parma ‘s goals are not enough Kulusevski and Gagliolo.
The technician is missing Juric and the pivot of defense Kumbulla, both disqualified, but the Verona led on the bench by the deputy Matteo Paro conquer one with determination and determination victory that brings him close to the Europe zone after the disappointment of the draw suffered at the last second against Sassuolo. However, the Emilian Gialloblù took the lead in the 14th minute: splendid assists Cornelius, Kulusevski receives in the area, gets rid of Rrahmani and beats Silvestri with a touch of precision.
The Verona, however, begins to grind the game and draw in the recovery of the first half: Bruno Alves commits foul of Di Carmine just inside the area, the latter takes charge of the joke and, after a first run-up for a lack of understanding with the referee, he is not mistaken on the retorted. At the start of the second half the Scaligeri complete the comeback: it is Zaccagni, entered after the interval, to prove immediately decisive for Verona, bringing the ball to the edge of the area and throwing a great right that is worth the 2-1.
As the latest games played by both teams teach, it is better not to give up the match. Not surprisingly the Parma equalized at 64 ‘: Silvestri neutralizes a nice shot of Kulusevski but he can’t do anything about Gagliolo’s rival, who sets the score at 2-2. Just when the balance seems to take over, Verona finds the decisive starting point with Pessina, who entered the middle of the second half: the midfielder concretized a nice assist from Verre (who took advantage of Karamoh’s lightness) and electrocuted Sepe with a big left: it was 3-2.
The recovery minutes see Parma try everything for everything, but this time, unlike the match against Sassuolo, the Verona he resists and takes home a victory that throws him in eighth place, one length from Milan and the Europa League area. Parma remains at 39, which, as happened against Inter, misses a match that had unlocked in the first minutes.
Verona (3-4-2-1): Silvestri 6; Rrahmani 5.5, Gunter 6, Dawidowicz 6 (from the 1st st Empereur 6); Pharaohs 6.5, Amrabat 6, Veloso 6.5, Dimarco 5.5 (from 1 ‘st Lazovic 6.5); Borini 5.5 (from 20 ‘st Pessina 7), Di Carmine 6.5 (from 1’ st Zaccagni 7); Verre 6 (from 39’st Badu sv). Available.: Berardi, Radunovic, Lovato, Stepinski, Pazzini, Bocchetti, Adjapong. All. Paro 7
Parma (4-3-3): Sepe 6; Laurini 6.5 (from 32 ‘st Darmian sv), Iacoponi 6, Bruno Alves 5.5, Gagliolo 6.5; Hernani 6 (from 41 ‘st Siligardi sv), Brugman 6, Barillà 6 (from 1’ st Kurtic 6); Caprari 6 (from 16 ‘st Karamoh 5), Cornelius 6 (from 1’ st Gervinho 5.5), Kulusevski 7. Available.: Colombi, Dermaku, Regini, Grassi, Scozzarella, Sprocati, Pezzella. All. D’Aversa 5.5
Markers: 14 ‘Kulusevski (P), 48’ rig. Di Carmine (V), 9 ‘st Zaccagni (V), 19’ st Gagliolo (P), 36 ‘st Pessina (V)
Ammonites: Barillà (P), Iacoponi (P), Hernani (P), Empereur (V), Pessina (V)
• Eight of Verona’s 11 wins in this league have come to Bentegodi.
• Parma had not had two Serie A defeats in a row since September.
• Dejan Kulusevski is the youngest player in the 2019/20 top-5 European championships to have scored at least 7 goals and provided at least 7 assists
• Only Haaland is younger than Kulusevski among those who have scored at least 7 goals in the top-5 European Championships 2019/20.
• Seventh goal for Dejan Kulusevski in this league: four of the last five have come away.
• Third goal in this league for Gagliolo: he had scored only one in the previous two A tournaments.
• Only Kulusevsi is younger than Pessina among the midfielders with at least 5 goals in this league (Pessina is therefore the youngest Italian midfielder to have reached this figure).
• Fifth goal for Pessina in Serie A, all in this league: this is the first time he has scored in two appearances in a row.
• Second goal for Mattia Zaccagni in Serie A, both at home (the other in the 2-1 victory over Genoa).
• Kulusevski’s is only Verona’s second goal in the first 15 minutes of play in this league.
• Sixth goal in this championship for Di Carmine, the first on a penalty (he had missed one against Juventus in September): he is the best scorer of Verona in the league.