Galaxy M21 updates July 2020
It took a while for the Galaxy M21 to receive the first update after its release. However, while that happened in June, it only included the April security patch. We already expressed the hope that a new patch would come out soon. And indeed, that appears to be the case.
A 123MB major update for the M21 arrives today, which includes firmware version M215FXXS2ATG3. This finally resolves the patch backlog, as the July security patch is being installed. In addition, all intermediate patches are also included, including the fix for the ‘Qmage leak’ that appeared in May.
You can now download the update directly OTA on Dutch and Belgian devices. Please wait quietly for the notification, or check directly manually via Settings -> Software Update -> Download and Install.
Galaxy J5 2017 update June 2020
Not quite the latest, but a fairly recent patch is also coming to the Galaxy J5 from 2017 today. That device will receive a just under 37MB major update to firmware version J530FXXS7CTF1. The content: the June security patch, which also includes the May patch and the fix for the ‘Qmage bug’. You can now install this update directly in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) Android 10 update in Nederland
The 4G version of the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 from 2019 (SM-T515) received the Android 10 update earlier, but for the Wi-Fi version – SM-T510, which by far most have -, the big upgrade is now also rolling out . Firmware version T510XXU3BTFN includes Android 10, and the July security patch. Moreover, it also gets the One UI 2.1 interface, with features such as Quick Share, the renewed Dark Stand, and extension of the Garbage can function, and much, much more. We have pasted the entire list below.
Incidentally, the upgrade is also available on the 4G variant of the Tab A 10.5 from 2018, but the Wi-Fi version of that tablet is not there yet.
Have you installed any of the above updates, and have you encountered any more new features, bugs, or bug fixes? Let us know below!
(Thanks to everyone who reported the updates to us!)
PS: So here the full changelist of Android 10 on the Galaxy Tab A 10.1:
– Image, text and color enhancements for day and night.
– Wallpapers, widgets and alarms are darker with Dark mode turned on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to make better use of the screen space.
– Animations enhanced with a playful touch.
Full screen gestures
– New navigation gestures added.
– Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movements.
– Easily focus on what’s important with clearly marked buttons.
– High contrast keyboards and dark text layouts have been improved.
– Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Clearer text in backgrounds
– Text is more readable in backgrounds, as One UI 2 automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrasts, as shown in the image below.
Media and devices
– The SmartThings window has been replaced with Media and Devices.
– Media: Control music and videos on your tablet and other devices.
– Devices: Control and control your SmartThings devices directly from the Quick panel.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to control your tablet usage.
– Use Focus mode to help prevent distractions from your tablet.
– Monitor your kids’ activities with new Parental Controls options.
– Added a function to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Added a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Improved layout so you can focus on taking photos without disturbing settings.
– Customize the shortcut menu to instantly access the functions you use most often.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
– The Recycle Bin function has been added for Contacts. Contacts that you delete remain in the Trash for 15 days before they are permanently deleted.
– Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
– Ringtones can be used for event notifications.
– More options available for repeating reminders.
– Set location-based reminders for a specific time period.
– Share memories with your family group and other sharing groups.
– Set reminders for a specific date without a warning.
– A Recycle Bin function has been added so you can recover files that have been accidentally deleted.
– More filters have been added that you can use when searching to find things quickly.
– You can now copy and move multiple files and folders at the same time to different destinations.
– Added speed and units of time for unit conversion.
– Android Auto is now pre-loaded.
– Added tips to help you get the most out of your Galaxy.