Will Michael Norman soon break the 400-meter ME? Athletics expert Lauri Hollo considers it entirely possible.
American Runner Michael Norman, 22, tinted by running 100 meters to a season-high of 9.86.
The top result came from a surprising direction in that Norman’s main distances have been 200 and 400 meters. Of the hundred, he had not run in the races for as many as four years before his peak.
– An interesting new name. After all, you can simply choose which trip to take as your main trip, Ilta-Sanomat’s expert Lauri Hollo says.
Norman with a university background is not yet a familiar name to the general public. He has competed in Europe only occasionally.
Last fall at the Doha World Championships, Norman was a 400-meter favorite after running the top of the season but eliminated from the semi-finals. He suffered injuries.
after running at 100 meters in peak time, Norman only became the second man in history to run a hundred in less than ten seconds, 200 meters in less than 20 seconds and 400 meters in less than 44 seconds. In the past, only the 400-meter reigning Olympic champion, the South African Wayde van Niekerk.
Expert Hollo thinks that despite the peak time of one hundred, Norman will focus on longer trips in the future.
– At 100 meters, the results are always compared Usain Boltin terrible time. Bolt’s times are a ballast for modern printers.
Hollo according to Norman, his financial condition now suggests that he has a realistic chance of breaking Wayde van Niekerk’s 400-meter world record (43.03).
Norman’s record of 400 meters has run 43.45 last year. 200 meters he has run at 19.70.
– The 43-second limit starts to approach. There are no more steps to take, Hollo says.
– 400 and 200 meters have already gone so well, and the maximum speed of a hundred is at that level. He has a shockingly good ability to break a record.
one the threat image Hollo raises. Several top promising runners have emerged from U.S. universities in recent years, but unnecessarily many of them have faded rapidly and disappeared from international fields.
– It may be due to the hard rumor of the university. There is a huge amount of competition there, for example, in all kinds of messages. Maybe for many athletes, the bangs only run out in the middle over the years, Hollo says.
Norman has been running as a professional since 2018. The technology of a strong-legged runner gets completely clean papers from Hollo.
– Stepping is really effective. The power output is on top of the last, Hollo analyzes.