In the United States, a record number of new corona infections was determined on a daily basis on Friday. 77,638 people have been diagnosed with the virus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. 927 people died in the US in the last 24 hours.
To date, more than 3.64 million Americans have been infected with the virus and more than 139,000 people have died of Covid-19 disease.
The US is most affected by the coronavirus worldwide. Brazil is in second place with over 2 million cases and nearly 78,000 deaths. India is third. There, the limit of 1 million infections was passed on Friday.
Worldwide, the death toll is at 601,000 and there are just over 14 million cases of infection.
In the meantime, a heated debate is raging in the US about whether or not to make mouth caps compulsory in certain places. Prominent US physician Anthony Fauci, a key advisor to President Donald Trump, called on political leaders to “empower residents” to wear face masks. Trump, on the other hand, vowed that he will never force the American public to use such protection.
Watch the news of Friday 17 July here
The last news:
- WHO reports record number of infections worldwide
- Google fends off distributors with fake coronavirus news
- Russians are also allowed to produce corona vaccine AstraZeneca
- India is the third country to report more than a million infections
- Another three new corona infections in Aruba