According to Lasse Lehtinen, Ruonansuu complained in their last call that health is starting to fail.
artiste Jacket Ruonansuun A politician, journalist and author known for 30 years Lasse Lehtinen says that he was in contact with Ruonansuu for the last time in the early part of the year before the corona pandemic hit Finland. According to Lehtinen, Ruonansuu complained at the time that health was beginning to fail.
Lehtinen says that they played with Ruonansuu when there was a matter. The last time they talked on the phone were Ruonansuu’s plans to make a book for their offspring.
According to Lehtinen, the idea of the book project was that Ruonansuu himself would illustrate the work together with his son. The plan was still in its infancy in the winter.
– I don’t know how far he had gotten it. After all, he always had some plan going. I said I would try to help find a publisher once it starts to be completed, Lehtinen says.
Created a career as a journalist, musician and Member of Parliament Mikko Alatalo previously told IS that a few weeks ago they had talked to Ruonansuu about a joint concert to be held this summer. However, according to him, the condition of the artist deteriorated.
– Jope played a few weeks ago that the gig will probably move to next summer. Jope said she was in bad shape and had lost a lot of weight, Alatalo says.
– That summer didn’t come to Jope, he continues.
Lehtinen and Ruonansuu have had a lot of experience together over the years. They made television programs together when the television channel Nelonen started operating. Ruonansuu also performed at Lehtinen’s birthday party.
– He was a great man and a good friend, Lehtinen says.
According to Lehtinen, Ruonansuu had to be convinced of his abilities from time to time.
– Like an awful lot of artists, he also had such a suspicion that he was not good enough. And when he was absolutely brilliant and excellent, then of course we always had to tell him. Then again, when he had performed and the audience was enchanted, he again believed in himself for a long time, Lehtinen recalls.
Ruonansuu died on Saturday, July 18, exhausted by a long illness. More than two years ago, in the spring of 2018, he reported a cancerous tumor found in the esophagus, after which he withdrew from publicity. Lehtinen says that he received information about Ruonansuu’s death on the same day directly from Ruonansuu’s long-term manager From Tapio Pieska.
– It (death) didn’t come as a surprise like that. But the fact that that cancer came to such a young man was, of course, a surprise when he first told about it, Lehtinen says.