It kills Facebook live, 400 people watch the live begging not to do it


It announced live on Facebook his suicide, while over 400 people were connected and asked him not to. But it didn’t help: the body of Jonathan Bailey, 50-year-old mental health activist, known as Baz or Bazza, was found lifeless in an apartment in Newcastle-under-Lyme, in Staffordshire. The man connecting last Saturday streaming on the famous platform, as reported by the newspaper The Sun, he told users he wanted to commit suicide, while the latter tried to warn Facebook of what was going on. But the transmission it has equally continued. The footage was later canceled but numerous protests were made. A spokesman for the giant led by Mark Zuckerberg said: “Our thoughts go to Mr. Bailey’s family in this difficult time. We can confirm that live streaming has been deleted immediately after being published and that another post was always removed at the request of the family. We take responsibility for keeping people safe on our platforms and will continue to work closely with experts to ensure that our policies continue to support those who need them. “

How Jonathan died is still a mystery. The results of the post mortem analyzes have not yet been disclosed, but on Facebook it had announced that it would hanged. A spokesman for the West Midlands Ambulance Service said: “We have been called on to intervene for a medical emergency on a property in Larkspur Grove. Two ambulances and a paramedic rushed to the scene. We discovered a man in critical conditions. Although everything was done to save him, in the end we had to declare his death. “The 50-year-old daughter, Lucy Bailey, expressed all her pain in a post on social media:” Something has to change, I can’t explain how many times you are been disappointed with mental health services. He will never get used to the fact that we can no longer speak every day, I cannot see you or hug you. I will always try to make you proud. “

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here