Grigor Dimitrov did not play tennis for more than a month after cont …

0
6


Grigor Dimitrov does not consider it plausible that he will participate in the US Open. The 29-year-old Bulgarian, number 19 in the world, says in an interview with Tennis Majors that the recovery process after infection with the coronavirus is difficult for him.

“I am very far from my best tennis. I haven’t played tennis in over a month. The virus hit me hard. I stayed home for about a month and it is a difficult road back, ”said Dimitrov, who recently participated in the Ultimate Tennis Showdown demonstration tournament. In France he lost to Richard Gasquet and Feliciano Lopez.

Last month, Dimitrov was one of the participants in the criticized Novak Djokovic tournament, which also contracted the corona virus. According to Dimitrov, the coronavirus has had a major impact on his physical condition. “I was not breathing well and I was tired. I had no taste and no smell, anything you can imagine. So it was no fun. To be honest, I should be happy to be back on the road now, ”said the former number three in the world.

“Some days I feel really good and I can train for about four hours. But then I suddenly have to completely shut myself down to take a nap or just rest. So I have to go through that process. I hope I make a full recovery. ”

Dimitrov says he has lost 3 kilograms and thinks it is therefore “too ambitious” to think about participating in the Masters of Cincinnati or the US Open. The Cincinnati tournament has been moved to New York and starts on August 22. The US Open starts in the same complex a week later.



Source link
https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20200728_92117797

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here