US, Pentagon chief against Trump: “No to Army to quell protests”

0
10


Case Floyd

Esper distances himself from the White House while the demonstrations and looting do not subside

by Foreign Editorial Staff

(AFP)

Esper distances himself from the White House while the demonstrations and looting do not subside

2 ‘of reading

Pentagon chief Mark Esper said he was opposed to the deployment of the U.S. Army at home to crack down on the violent protests that are shaking the United States after the killing of African American George Floyd by police. The hypothesis had been aired by the President of the United States, Donald Trump. According to Esper, the National Guard is “well trained to support local police forces.”

Esper called George Floyd’s death a “horrible crime” and asked that the cops involved “answer for this murder.”


Esper against Trump

It is the first time that Esper has commented on the case of the African American who died in Minneapolis on May 25 after being stopped by the police. “I want to send my condolences – added Defense Secretary Esper – to George Floyd’s family and friends. Racism is real in America, and we must all do our best to identify it, deal with it and eradicate it. “

A distancing, that of Esper, which generates further tensions in the United States. All of this happens while other accusations rain for ex-agent Derek Chauvin and for the other three agents. Meanwhile, protests continue in New York, Los Angeles, Washington, despite a curfew.
Meanwhile, Trump is launching an ultimatum to the New York authorities: “If they don’t act to fix things, I will. And I’ll fix it quickly, “he said in a connection with Fox News.
“We have seen protests but peaceful demonstrations and those have taken over. There have been moments of tension, of course, but in some areas of Manhattan and in the Bronx, where violence has been seen in recent days, nothing has happened », is the reply from the mayor of New York, Bill De Blasio. “The new measures – he added – have proven effective”. Over 8,000 agents lined up on the street, from Times Square to Union Square. Everyone was asked to show a “soft”, non-threatening attitude, so as not to feed tensions.

Trump in the bunker

Trump finally confirmed that he had been taken to the White House bunker during the night of the clashes in Washington but specified that “it was a short period of time”. “It was more of an inspection,” he said, “I’ve been there two or three times, all for inspection.”
Finally, Snapchat, the social network widely used by young people, accused Trump of “inciting racial violence” and announced that he would no longer promote his messages. Snahchat’s spokesman said: “We are not going to amplify the rumors that incite racial violence and injustice by giving them free promotion on the platform.”



Source link
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/usa-capo-pentagono-contro-trump-no-all-esercito-sedare-proteste-ADrVVRV

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here