Serie A restarts on 20 June.
This was announced by the Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora at the end of the meeting with the members of the Football Federation.
“My hope – he added – is that in the previous week you can play the Italian Cup”.
And confirmation has come from the League, also on the Italian Cup, which will already close on June 17th: “On the 13th there will be the return semi-finals, on the 17th the final”.
Also on June 17, the recoveries of the previous day of Serie A should be held.
Serie B will start later, on June 26, the league president Mauro Balata said.
So the white smoke has arrived, the minister had already announced that today he would decide on the restart of the maximum Italian championship.
Obviously the matches will be played behind closed doors.
“I confronted the Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte who expressed his satisfaction with the joint solution found together with the world of football,” added Spadafora.
Who then asked Sky to “collaborate” to avoid gatherings on the premises to watch the games. The proposal, already put forward in the past few days, was to do as in Germany, where the direct goal is transmitted in the clear.
“The first conversations are positive, my hope is that there will be a signal from Sky, obviously as far as possible, that it will meet the desire of all Italians to live this recovery with passion, avoiding gatherings in public places” Spadafora said.
ZENGA – “It is important to have a goal at last. Of course, it will be different than before but it does not mean that it will be less beautiful”: Cagliari coach Walter Zenga commented on Sky’s microphones the green light for the resumption of Serie A on June 20. “Things are all beautiful when you start in the right spirit and there is no point in complaining,” he added.
The coach, hired by Giulini after Maran’s exoneration, was unable to make his debut on the rossoblù bench.
(Unioneonline / L)