All owners of a prepaid card Postepay they take big risks. These, however, do not derive from the card itself, which is one of the safest on the square, but from the ideas of some scammers who use the name of the famous prepaid card of Italian post to try to steal the next one.
There are many emails that manage to perpetrate the phishing, a type of scam that aims to deceive the victim. Inside the message, a text appears that speaks of a necessary reset of the data due to some problems. In that case the purpose is nothing but to have you type in your data for rubarveli. Precisely for this reason Poste Italiane has kept us dedicating a section of its website to the precautions to be taken.
Postepay and phishing: these are the fundamental points of Poste Italiane to defend you from deception
Below are the basic guidelines that Poste Italiane illustrates on its website:
- Remember that Poste Italiane S.p.A. and PostePay S.p.A. they never ask for your confidential data (user, password, security codes to perform a transaction, for example OTP-One Time Password received via sms) in any way (e-mail, sms, social network chat, call center operators) and for no purpose. If someone, even presenting himself as an operator of Poste Italiane S.p.A. o PostePay S.p.A., should you ask for this information, you can be sure that this is an attempt at fraud, so do not give it to anyone;
- Never answer emails, text messages, calls or chats from call centers where you are asked for your personal codes (user, password, security codes, payment card data);
- Always check the reliability of an email before opening it: check that the sender is really who he says he is and not someone who pretends to be someone else (for example, check how the e-mail address from which it arrived is written);
- Don’t download attachments from suspicious emails before having verified that the sender is known or official;
- Do not click on the link contained in suspicious emails; if by mistake it happens, do not authenticate yourself on the fake site, close the web browser immediately;