Ecobonus and renovations, how it works. Here is the guide – Economy


Rome, 30 May 2020 – Il Revival decree published in the Official Gazette on May 20, provides, in article 119, a superbonus for the energy efficiency measures and seismic improvement of homes. It is a measure that determines a tax savings of 110% on this type of intervention: in practice, if I spent 30 thousand euros for a restructuring, I can deduct 33 thousand from taxes, or give the tax credit. The superbonus is valid for work carried out and certified from July 1 of this year to the end of 2021, but efforts are being made to extend it until the end of 2022. The great news of this measure consists in the possibility of transferring the tax credit, in addition to the company, also to third parties (such as banks). Here are the main features of Ecobonus and Sisma Bonus point by point.

You can reduce waste. Without paying

What is that?

It is a new superbonus that brings tax savings on costs incurred for energy efficiency (Ecobonus) and anti-seismic interventions (Earthquake Bonus) on buildings to 110%. For the Ecobonus the discount concerns interventions for thermal insulation (the “coat”) and / or the replacement of winter air conditioning and heating systems with centralized systems or class A condensing boilers, heat pumps, geothermal systems. In the presence of these interventions the bonus is also recognized for other works.

How long does it last?

The new superbonus concerns all the interventions envisaged by the Relaunch decree, and by the implementing regulations that will be issued by the competent ministries and by the Revenue Agency in the coming weeks, carried out from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2021. However, it is possible that during the conversion of the decree, the duration is extended to 31 December 2022. Within the 110% superbonus, interventions on the facades of buildings for which until 31 December 2020 was foreseen may also be included if energy efficiency works such as the coat are carried out a 90% bonus.

How long do I have to request it?

The expenses included in the new superbonus give the right to a tax deduction (IRPEF and IRES) of 110%: therefore if I have spent 30 thousand euros I can save 33 thousand euros on taxes. The deduction must be applied in the tax return of the year following the one in which the expenses were incurred and certified. The total amount of the work can be deducted from taxes in five equal installments for each year but also used to compensate the payments due with the F24.

What are the requirements?

Natural persons outside the exercise of business, arts and professions can take advantage of it. The deduction relates to works on the common parts and individual housing units of condominiums, single-family buildings, autonomous public housing institutes and housing cooperatives. In the case of independent houses, however, to take advantage of the bonus it must be the first home. First of all Confedilizia asked that, when converting the decree, the deductibility should be extended to the second single-family houses, not just holiday homes.

Who am I going to?

To foresee and implement the interventions, it is good to turn to qualified technicians and companies: the legislation provides for a series of more stringent steps than the other bonuses. It is therefore necessary to have the project of the works, the conformity report before their start, the energy qualification certificate for the closure of the works and the energy performance certificate (Ape) which certifies that the interventions resulted in the improvement of two classes building energy, determined element (with exceptions) to be entitled to the bonus.

Can I do it myself?

You can think of personally sending the requested documents which, as for the other building bonuses, should include the communication (Cia or Scia) of the start of work to the Municipality and the energy communication to Enea. However, it will still be necessary to contact a qualified technician-expert to obtain the compliance and energy qualification reports. To avoid fraud, a report on the adequacy of the expenses incurred is also provided for the superbonus, with parameters that should be set by the ministry.

Who can I transfer the credit to?

The big news is that of being able to transfer the tax credit not only to the company, with the discount on the invoice, but also to third parties such as banks and financial intermediaries. This would allow the works to be carried out at no cost. With the transfer to the banks, you will still have to pay commissions and interest because the institution anticipates the amount that would be recovered in 5 years. To transfer the credit (the transfers will be managed with the Revenue Agency platform), a certification by the Caf or the accountant will be required.

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here