“We have decided to strengthen all quarantine measures in the metropolitan area for two weeks from tomorrow to June 14,” said the minister. Seoul residents are also advised to avoid social gatherings or to go to crowded places like restaurants and bars.
“The next two weeks are crucial to prevent the spread of the infection in the metropolitan area – Park said, adding – If we were to fail, we will have to go back to social distancing measures”.
“The restrictions had been lifted across the country on May 6 after the epidemic appeared to have been under control. In the past 24 hours, 79 new cases of infection have been recorded, numbers of daily increase that have not been seen since April 5.