The fires in the Galilee landscape: 5,000 evacuated from their homes, fire services

0
4



The fires in the Galilee landscape – thousands abandoned their homes: About 5,000 residents were evacuated from their homes in the Galilee landscape due to the fires that broke out yesterday (Friday) in the northern region and continue to rage in the area. 800 residents were forced to spend the night in the Plaza and Ramada hotels in the city, and the HMOs provided medicines to the patients who needed them. “Extinguishing efforts will continue throughout the day,” said Northern Tafsar Nizar Fares, who has been leading the campaign since yesterday morning.

For more updates and to send your stories – visit the news Facebook page

Throughout the night, the fire and rescue services worked in an attempt to control the fire in two sectors. In the Galilee landscape sector, efforts were made to prevent the renewal of the fire centers and their spread toward the settlement’s houses, and in the Mount Deborah sector, the struggle against a number of fire centers that burned during the night continued. KKL-JNF workers from the Lower Galilee region have updated that the fire in the slopes of the Nazareth forest has so far consumed about 3,000 dunams. As of this morning, KKL-JNF forces were still operating in the area and descending the steep slopes to gain control of the fire.

The fires in the north of the country | Photo: Operational documentation, fire and rescue for Israel Northern District
The fires in the north of the country (Photo: Operational documentation, fire and rescue for Israel Northern District)
The fires in the north of the country | Photo: Operational documentation, fire and rescue for Israel Northern District

After refreshing the crews during the night, at first light the forces were on the ground and in the air to attack the fires. Six firefighting aircraft from the Air Fire Squadron renewed the targeted missiles from the air to prevent the spread of the fire and demarcate it into controlled sections in which ground forces operate.

“Firefighters continue to stubbornly fight to stop the spread of fire and protect the residents of the Galilee landscape and homes,” said Tafser Nizar Fares. “During the night we prepared for the continuation of the campaign while refreshing the forces and at this stage the residents are not in any danger. The firefighting efforts will continue throughout the day. I call on the public to obey the instructions of the emergency bodies.”

Residents of Nof HaGalil who were forced to evacuate their homes told the N12 about the fire that was approaching the door of their homes: “Our persistence in staying indoors and trying to keep flames away from the walls of the house saved us and the house until the plane arrived, pouring the special substance.

Further fires broke out yesterday in various areas around the country, including Beitar in Mevo Dotan and Bahan, where residents were also evacuated after the fire approached the line of houses and endangered the citizens. Fires also broke out in Lapidot, Margaliot, Umm al-Kutuf and Maoz Zvi.

The fire and rescue service said that yesterday the fire brigades were launched in the air and on the ground for about 250 incidents in open areas, including 13 main centers in the northern, coastal, central and Judea and Samaria districts. A total of 158 sorties were made to the fire centers yesterday, during which 57 cubic meters of flame retardants and 528 liters of foam were thrown from the air.

Firefighters operate in a fire that broke out near the settlement of Bat Hefer (Photo: Flash 90, Gili Yaari)
Firefighters are working in a fire that broke out near the settlement of Bat Hefer | Photo: Flash 90, Gili Yaari

The widespread wave of fires in various parts of the country since yesterday has raised the suspicion that some of the fires were caused by deliberate arson by Palestinians. The security forces acted with the aim of locating the suspects and collecting findings at the various centers. Chief Fire Representative: “Most of the fires were caused as a result of a human factor, it is not known if arson.”

Between the settlement of Mevo Dotan and Maoz Zvi, a number of fire stations developed simultaneously, hence the suspicion that a deliberate arson was carried out, which led to the huge fire in the area. Following the fire, many forces of firefighters, IDF fighters and police forces were called to the scene and in a joint operation that lasted several hours, gained control of the incident.







Source link by https://www.mako.co.il/news-israel/2020_q4/Article-e72d3045cf01571026.htm

*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.mako.co.il/news-israel/2020_q4/Article-e72d3045cf01571026.htm
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here