AA Gent has had to take a lot of blows in recent months. In addition to the lousy sporting results and trainer changes, the Buffalos also saw club doctor Luc Vanden Bossche move to Anderlecht after an employment of fourteen years. The club did not have to search long for a replacement.
Even before Vanden Bossch officially starts working at Anderlecht on November 1, his replacement is ready in the Ghelamco Arena. After all, AA Gent announced that it has appointed 28-year-old Jens De Decker as its new doctor. He will also start work on November 1. In the past, De Decker already worked for the Lotto-Soudal cycling team. “He will be responsible for the daily medical coordination and also be the responsible doctor for the competitions of KAA Gent”, the vice champion said.
Even before the young club doctor has started his first day of work, his name is already rolling across the tongues of the Ghent fans. On the message on Twitter about his official announcement, they posted numerous fun reactions to poke fun at the current state of affairs in the Ghelamco Arena. In particular, the question is raised to what extent De Decker can help with the many problems that currently arise.
Can Jens defend?
– Niels Hermie🇧🇪 (@NielsHermie) October 30, 2020
Can Jens play in the rush hour?
– Seppe Van Acker (@Seppe_VA) October 30, 2020
Of penalty’s trappen?
– Gaëtan aka Chewy (@AnAnAsKoP) October 30, 2020
Can Jens make transfers?
– Jan Gabriels (@JanGabr) October 30, 2020
What is his VO2 max?
– KAA Gent News (KaaGentNews) October 30, 2020
Can Jens fight Louwavirus?
– Thomas De Visscher (@ThomasDeVissch) October 30, 2020
Is he also a psychiatrist?
– De Munck Michel 🇧🇪🐝🇪🇺😷 (@theharleydoc) October 30, 2020
Does Jens have experience as a T1?
— Philippe Timmermans (@philippetimmerm) October 30, 2020
Welcome Jens, the club is sick. Arranges.
– Stefan Audenaert (@staudenaert) October 30, 2020