On Tuesday, new corona measures will be taken to prevent further spread of the corona virus. The tightening applies to the whole of the Netherlands and will take effect at 6 p.m.
Follow the latest news about the corona virus in the Netherlands via our live blog
Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced this at a press conference on Monday evening. According to him, the situation in the big cities is “serious” and the map of the Netherlands is turning red in more and more places. That is why, according to the cabinet, additional measures are now needed to halt the rapid advance.
The following tightening measures will take effect on Tuesday evening:
– Working from home becomes the norm again. Only if there is absolutely no other option, work is allowed on the shop floor. If contamination is found at a company, the location can be closed for fourteen days.
– To travel is discouraged. The cabinet calls on all Dutch people to only go somewhere when it is really necessary.
– People are also asked to be at home receive fewer visitors. From now on it is allowed to have three people come to the house, garden or balcony. This concerns persons outside the household and children up to and including 12 years of age are excluded from the measure.
– In the outside air a maximum of 40 people may come together, within the limit is thirty people. Exceptions are made for funerals, demonstrations, cultural institutions, theme parks and airports.
– Shops and supermarkets must have a door policy to ensure that customers can keep enough distance. In Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague it is recommended to wear a mouth mask in shops. This will not be mandatory, but people can refuse things if they do not want to wear covering.
– Larger supermarkets are asked to order one twice a day special visiting hour for the elderly and other people in risk groups. Exactly how this will work in practice has yet to be worked out.
– Of horeca is no longer allowed to allow new visitors from 9 p.m., at that time the light will also go on and an hour later the place must be empty. Cafés and restaurants are also required to ask visitors to register in order to facilitate source and contact research by the GGD. In addition, the maximum group size is now four people.
– When visiting contact professions like hairdressers and nail technicians, a mandatory registration will be introduced to make source and contact research by the GGD easier.
– Audience at sports competitions is prohibited. This applies to competitions of both amateurs and professionals. In addition, all sports canteens will be closed.
More information about the corona measures can be found on the website of the Dutch government.
For three weeks
Minister Hugo de Jonge of Public Health spoke of the coronavirus as a “mammoth tanker” that takes a while to change direction. The cabinet therefore expects that the results of the new tightening will only be noticeable in ten days to two weeks.
The new rules therefore apply for at least three weeks. Then it is examined whether the tightening has had enough effect to be able to implement easing again, but vice versa, further restrictions are also possible.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.hartvannederland.nl/nieuws/2020/overzicht-verscherpte-coronamaatregelen/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!