In the shadow of the tightening closure, the second corona wave and just before the eve of Sukkot, MDA calls on the public to take precautions and obey instructions.
In Magen David Adom, the complete guide to building a safe sukkah is presented:
– Are you building a sukkah in the backyard? Be sure to wear closed shoes, weed the nearby vegetation in which snakes and other dangerous reptiles may be hiding, and make sure that the access roads to and from the sukkah are free of various obstacles, in a way that will allow quick exit from the sukkah when needed.
– Be sure to place the sukkah at a safe distance from electrical installations and gas cylinders. Be careful not to light a fire near the gas cylinders or electrical installations, if any, during the construction of the sukkah.
– Are you building a sukkah on a balcony on a high floor or on scaffolding? Make sure that no heavy objects fall down, for fear of hitting passers-by. Including this, make sure that the awnings open and the planters are firmly fixed in place, and that there is no danger of the sukkah planks, thatched parts or any other object falling down.
– During the construction of the walls of the sukkah, care must be taken to keep children away from the area, so that they will not be harmed by any part that may fall on them. In addition, make sure to strengthen the walls to each other, in such a way that will not allow them to collapse. Particular care should be taken when it comes to wood walls, or any other hard material.
– When laying the thatch, care must be taken to stand tall. Do not climb on the balcony railing, or on an unstable ladder. The thatch must be reinforced to the body of the sukkah so that it will not fly in the wind and injure passers-by.
– At the ends of the palms are thorns that can be caught in the fingers and hands of those who build the sukkah. Keep your palms away from children and make sure they are not pricked. In addition, the palm should be held under it and not between the leaves, for fear of animals of various kinds that may be found there.
– When connecting the sukkah to electricity, be careful not to touch exposed electrical wires or unsafe electrical points. Make sure that before connecting the sukkah to electricity, standard and safe sockets for use in open space, and waterproof, in order to avoid electric shock. Avoid installing improper power cables in the sukkah, as this may result in a short circuit and fire.
– Hanging decorations: Do not stand on railings, unstable ladders, chairs, etc., in order to hang the sukkah decorations. Care must be taken that children do not get hurt or fall from a height during the decoration of the sukkah, and make sure that a responsible adult is nearby and supervises them at all times. A fall from a height can cause damage to the spine, concussions and in severe cases even death. In any case of falling from a height, MDA should be called on the emergency number 101 or via the “My MDA” widget, through which MDA teams can know where your exact location is. Do not move the victim and do not pick him up.
– Candles should be avoided inside the sukkah without supervision, and the location of the candles in the sukkah should be considered at all times, in order to avoid fires in the sukkah. Avoid throwing cigarette butts in or near the sukkah area to prevent the possibility of a fire.
– The four species: In places where the markets of the four species that will operate, the guidelines of the Ministry of Health, which include keeping a distance and wearing a mask, must be observed. If you come to an area with children, you must take full care so that they do not break into a nearby road or get lost in the crowd.
– In any case of injury, MDA teams should be called quickly on the 101 emergency number or via the “My MDA” widget, and follow the instructions of the medics and paramedics at the center, until MDA teams arrive at the scene.
MDA Director General, Eli Bin: “This year, in the face of the challenges of the Corona and the closure – MDA is facing a double challenge of providing emergency services and we are of course preparing for that soon. Every year, Magen David Adom teams encounter serious injuries that occur during the construction and dismantling of the sukkah. Every household in Israel must take extra responsibility and caution – in order to spend the holiday in peace and joy, without disaster or serious injury. It is important to obey MDA’s recommendations to the public and to exercise caution during the preparations for the holiday. “On behalf of all MDA employees and volunteers, I wish a happy and safe holiday to the whole house of Israel.”
Main image: Courtesy of PIXABAY
Skip to content
Source link by https://israelnow.co.il/%D7%97%D7%93%D7%A9%D7%95%D7%AA/%D7%97%D7%92-%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%91%D7%A6%D7%9C-%D7%94%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%A0%D7%94-%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%9B%D7%94-%D7%91%D7%98%D7%95%D7%97%D7%94/
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://israelnow.co.il/%D7%97%D7%93%D7%A9%D7%95%D7%AA/%D7%97%D7%92-%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%91%D7%A6%D7%9C-%D7%94%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%A0%D7%94-%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%9B%D7%94-%D7%91%D7%98%D7%95%D7%97%D7%94/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!