During his September declaration, Flemish Minister-President Jambon presented a Flemish recovery plan. With this plan, Jambon wants to guide Flanders through the coronary period. A summary.
Jambon christened the plan ‘Flemish Resilience’. The government has been advised by two expert committees for the plan. An economic panel led by Professor Koen Debackere. There was also a social committee, led by the controversial ‘happiness professor’ Lieven Annemans.
The plan consists of seven pillars and / or ambitions. In total, the plan accounts for 4.3 billion euros in one-off investments. “This is immediately the most ambitious investment plan that a Flemish Government has ever set up”, says Jambon.
1. The first pillar is care. “Flanders will release 550 million euros per year for healthcare. “This envelope will be used to better pay our Flemish care and welfare staff and to reduce the workload.” Jambon also wants to tackle the waiting lists in disabled care.
2 of second pillar is centered around it further optimizing the government. Jambon advocates more collaborations between government and private life. He also wants to get rid of what he called “rule-making”. “Overhauled rules that don’t contribute to anything.”
He also wants to re-examine Flemish subsidy policy. “We will screen expenditures more intensively. We first have to turn over every euro we spend. ”
3. The third pillar is aimed at further digitizing Flanders. “The fourth industrial revolution is breaking through at a rapid pace.” According to Jambon, it is about the digitization of mobility and care, about education, justice and climate, to culture and work.
“It is our ambition, ladies and gentlemen, to set up a Flemish data utility company with that specific mission during this term of office. We must rise to the top of the world for nations using technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics and the Internet of Things to make society better. ”
Jambon also wants roll out a 5G network as soon as possible in Flanders. Jambon looks to the federal government for this: “If that doesn’t work immediately, we have to go our own way.”
4. The fourth ambition is a transition to a sustainable economy. “I’m not going to bore you with a list of projects,” said Jambon, highlighting a few projects. So should one Blue Deal tackle the water problem in Flanders. There is also a Flemish program to accelerate the sustainable renovation of homes and buildings. “We are fully committed to renewable energy, and we are investing in the capture and reuse of CO2.” And Jambon also wants to use it in cycling infrastructure and other sustainable transport modes. “For example, we provide a one-off envelope of 150 million euros, whereby we manage local authorities every 2 euros.”
5. The fifth pillar consists of investments in infrastructure. “I list a few: school buildings, hospitals, top cultural infrastructure, sports infrastructure and immovable heritage, buildings where we can organize large fairs and conferences, research infrastructure.”
6. The sixth pillar must teach us to live with the virus. “In concrete terms, this is about: how do we ensure that our schools remain open as much as possible? How do we give our seniors in the WZC a human and safe old age? How do we keep our hospitality and events sector alive? What extra impulses do we give to the cultural world? What are we doing in favor of the rich Flemish social life? ” Flanders also wants to stimulate tourism. “Additional investments are needed, because the tourism sector – which employs more than 240,000 people, was damaged as much as 11 billion euros.”
7. The seventh ambition is about the activation of people. “The largest capital we have in Flanders.” This means that even more people have to work. “We have to go to that 80 percent employment rate. Despite, and maybe even because of Corona. We need all hands and brains. Not only for our economy, but also to ensure that everyone can feel useful and useful. ”
And finally, Jambon mentioned “a major strategic project” in which we want to enthuse all Flemish people and involve them in the technological revolution that is underway. You will learn more about this soon. ”
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200928_95511464
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!