Prime Minister Rutte and Minister De Jonge (Public Health) announced the measures on Monday during a new press conference about the virus.
According to Rutte, the cabinet thought before the weekend that new corona measures would only be necessary in the three large cities, but it soon realized that the situation was ‘serious’ in many more places. Hence, tough action with national measures is inevitable. “The number of infections is increasing so fast that we are in danger of running after viruses. That is why we keep going to get out of the virus again. ”
According to Minister De Jonge, the measures are intended to ‘spare society’ and ‘hit the virus as hard as possible.
During the many consultations of the past few days, there was a lot of bickering about mouth masks. It was ultimately decided that shops in the safety regions around Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague may impose a masking obligation. Visitors who refuse to put on a mouth and nose mask may from now on be refused.
During the press conference, it was asked whether Rutte, who lives in The Hague, will now also wear a mouth mask while shopping. “I think so,” he said. “I think it contributes something.” Quite remarkable. The cabinet and RIVM have long opposed the wearing of masks in public spaces.
Hospitals raised the alarm in recent days. It squeaks and creaks again in many places. This time mainly in the regular care departments. According to Ernst Kuiper of the National Network Acute Care (LNAZ), the cabinet intervened ‘too late’. Harsh criticism. During the press conference, Minister De Jonge hides behind a one-liner: “We are doing our best, but the virus is doing better.”
The new package has ‘negative economic consequences’, Rutte warns. It has been tried to distribute the pain as much as possible. “We have to bite through the sour apple.”
- Not an audience for sports, both for amateurs and professionals.
- Food and beverage outlets will have a walk-in stop at 9 PM and close at 10 PM.
- At ‘transfer locations’ (museum, library, shops, zoo), reservations must be made within a period and a maximum number of visitors applies. This maximum is determined by the security region.
- Working from home is the norm: work at home, unless there really is no other option. If there is an infection in the office, such a workplace can be closed for 14 days
- You may receive a maximum of three visitors at home. Children under the age of 13 are not included.
- Outside your own home you can meet with a maximum of four people, outside your own family
- Outside, a maximum of 40 people applies.
- A maximum of 30 people applies per indoor space.
- No changes in education
- Shops in the security regions around Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are allowed to ask people to wear a mouth mask and refuse visitors who flout it.
- There will be registration for contact professions, such as hairdressers, dentists and the catering industry.
- Sports canteens are closing.
- It is urged to travel as little as possible to and from Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague.
- The measures will be evaluated on Tuesday 20 October.
- The measures will take effect on Tuesday 6 p.m.
An update of the most important news every day during lunch.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1025074130/rutte-en-de-jonge-kondigen-nieuwe-maatregelen-aan-op-persconferentie
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!