Where do you have to and where do you not (yet) have to wear a mouth mask? The shopping streets are in danger of becoming a patchwork of masquerade duties, according to a tour of Heart of the Netherlands along major retail chains in our country.
On Monday evening, the cabinet called for a face mask to be worn in shops in some cities. This specifically concerns the ‘serious’ safety regions of Amsterdam-Amstelland, Rotterdam-Rijnmond, Haaglanden (The Hague) and Brabant-Southeast (Eindhoven).
The mayors of those cities then went one step further and urged residents to wear a face mask in all public interior spaces, including museums and libraries, for example. Since then, several companies have announced a masking obligation or advice.
Also read: Communication advisers: ‘Confusion about corona measures creates urgency’
However, the differences between companies are large, which means that it will not be clearer for the public and staff. Therefore, below is an overview of places where a mouth cap is mandatory and places where wearing is only recommended.
Shops with mandatory masks
– People who want to enter stores of C&A in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are obliged to wear a mouth and nose mask. In addition, staff in those establishments are also required to cover their mouths and noses.
– Also visitors to the four branches of The Beehive in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Eindhoven are obliged to wear a mouth mask. In addition, staff at all branches of the department store must wear mouth-nose masks.
Shops with mouth masks advice
– HEMA will ask customers in the big cities to wear a mouth mask, but will not refuse people who do not want this. Shop staff are obliged to wear mouth-nose masks there. The retail chain is also investigating whether it is possible to hand out mouth masks to visitors for free.
– People who shops from Blocks, Intertoys in Big Bazar Visits to one of the four security regions mentioned are urgently asked to wear a mouth mask, but it is not mandatory. Employees are also requested to cover their mouth and nose.
– Also for branches of Kruidvat, Attraction, Price swatter in HERE Paris XL in the four previously mentioned cities, it is recommended that customers wear a mouth mask. There is therefore no obligation for visitors, but there is for the staff in those stores.
– Action will limit the maximum number of customers in its branches nationwide in order to ensure a good customer flow. In shops in the four safety regions, customers and employees are also advised to wear a face mask.
– In the business of Zeeman In the four cities mentioned, customers are also requested to wear a face mask when entering. The same urgent advice applies to shop staff, but mouth and nose masks are not mandatory.
– Wibra only advises shop staff to wear a face mask, but it is not mandatory. The company does hope that there will be a national duty to mask masks in all stores.
– Shoppers in H&Mstores in the regions around Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Eindhoven are explicitly asked to wear mouth-nose masks, but companies will not refuse customers without them. The staff in those branches are obliged to put on a face mask.
– Of IKEA limits the number of visitors in the furniture stores, but visitors are not required to cover their mouth and nose. However, the Swedish furniture giant is urging both customers and employees in the branches in Amsterdam, Barendrecht and Delft to wear a mouth mask. Furthermore, most restaurants in the establishments will switch to takeout.
– In all hardware stores from Hornbach the advice applies to both customers and employees to put on a mouth and nose mask. It is not an obligation, but the retail chain says it will provide mouth masks for the staff.
– Intratuin let us know that it has not yet taken a decision about a possible mouth masking obligation in the garden centers.
– Of supermarkets have previously indicated that they will not require customers to wear a face mask, but do advise them to put one on. With this they hope to prevent discussions at the door.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.hartvannederland.nl/aanbevolen/2020/overzicht-winkels-wel-geen-mondkapje/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!