Demolished by corona, these people have had serious complaints for months


They still experience complaints such as severe fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of condition and headache. And they are not alone. It is estimated that ten percent of people who received corona in the spring have long-lasting complaints. From tomorrow, they can turn to C-support, a new support center for corona patients. C-support does not offer medical treatment, but links patients to an aftercare advisor. He looks at what help someone needs.

Not only people who were very seriously ill have complaints for a long time, it also happens to people who have never been in hospital, such as Suus, Ed, Wianda, Linda and Yvanna.

“On March 20, I got the results of my test: I was infected with the corona virus. All I could think was, ‘Get me out of this hell, I’ve never been so sick in my life.’ I was very short of breath, had a lot of pain in my chest, my head exploded, had a lot of coughing and had a fever above 40 degrees for a week. even though after a hundred meters I was already tired and short of breath. In addition, I lost almost all my curls on my head, then I really knew how sick my body was. I had a huge bunch of curls, but there were only a few spikes left I thought it was terrible.

If someone told me on March 20 that I would still not be the same today after more than 27 weeks, I would have laughed out loud. I was always an enterprising, fit and very active woman. Today I am still very tired, forgetful and have poor concentration every day. I only work 2 hours a day and I have to see a lung physiotherapist every week. Fortunately my lungs have been checked in the hospital and I have no permanent damage from this virus, but everyone close to me can see that I am far from the old Suus. “

“On March 20, I got the first complaints of the corona virus, but after a week the trouble really hit. I got a high fever, a lump in my throat, pressing pain on my chest, vomiting, headache and loss of taste. I I was completely devastated and mentally I was out of the world. Because I did not belong to a risk group I was not tested. Months later I still had complaints: for example, while working for my sole proprietorship I fell asleep three to four times. So I was finally able to get an antibody test from the GP on June 29, which showed that I had contracted the virus, which felt like a relief, because I knew for sure what was going on.

I am now especially concerned about the second corona wave. I think the government has educated us in a mature way. They hold everyone accountable for their own responsibility, and I think that is the best way. I just do not understand that large groups of people do not take that responsibility. Whether it’s football fans or students, people who think the virus doesn’t exist or think it’s just the flu, people who want to hang out in the pub or who have to go on vacation, I just don’t get it.

How I feel now? I never thought that this would all take so long, I thought that I could help myself to recover, but in the end I started a physiotherapy program through the doctor. Now I look at the situation every day. Yesterday was terrible and I did nothing, today it is better again. I’ll see what it will be like tomorrow. “

“As a 22-year-old with no other conditions, I thought that I would be better after a week or two. Maybe I would still be a bit tired, I would have thought that was okay. But I have terribly underestimated the disease.

Before I contracted the coronavirus, I could be found in the gym three times a week. Two days after the test result, I couldn’t even climb the stairs at once. The first six weeks in particular have been very tough for me. My life consisted of bed to couch and back in the evening. My boyfriend helped me to shower and during the day the only movement I made was to the toilet and back. One night my friend even called the doctor’s watch for me, because I was very short of breath and continued to have coughing fits, I could hardly breathe in between. Because I could still say a few words at the time and was still young, I did not have to go to the hospital. This was a terrible night. Fortunately, my boyfriend was always able to stay very calm, so I didn’t panic. Afterwards, the doctors doubt whether I should have been admitted at the time, perhaps my lungs would have had less stress now. But that is talking afterwards and is not based on anything, because the doctors simply do not know.

After those first six weeks, I was able to gradually start building up again. I started with small walks and every bench I encountered on the route meant a rest. I now know where all the benches are around my house, haha. Fortunately I can now walk the lap without having to stop, but the recovery is very slow. I keep complaints about climbing stairs, vacuuming, cycling, shopping. These complaints vary from shortness of breath, pressure and stinging in the chest, fatigue which makes muscles very weak, headaches and I am easily dizzy. I would prefer to go back to work as a nurse for 32 hours next week and enjoy sports again. The fact that this is still not possible is sometimes quite tough mentally. Fortunately, I was registered from the hospital for pulmonary rehabilitation in June and I have now had the first appointments for this. With this I hope to be able to resume my ‘normal’ life soon, but unfortunately that still seems a long way away. “

“I was told on April 2 that I had tested positive, but I actually had the first corona symptoms the week before. As a nurse in a hospital you had to work until you got a fever. When I got the test result, I thought. actually that I was not that sick, but the shortness of breath quickly increased. My 10-year-old son was especially scared that I had corona, all he said was: ‘Mommy has corona, now Mommy is dying’, because that was mentioned a lot in the media.

During that period I stood up for the children, they always came first. As a result, I have not always realized how sick I was. After four weeks, our family was allowed out of quarantine and we could resume normal life. But my complaints increased again. After several examinations, I was found to have pulmonary embolisms and was allowed to leave the hospital with blood thinners. When I was still not feeling better in September, I had several tests again and it turned out that I had a serious iron deficiency. That was caused by the blood thinners, so I literally fell from one ailment to the next.

When I got the first corona symptoms I never thought that I would still suffer from it after all those months. Sometimes I find that really very difficult and then I get through it for a while. Mentally, it is really a war of attrition because this is really a tough road. Especially if you don’t know when it will stop and no one can answer it. “

“It sounds strange, but I really had the feeling that I was dying in those first weeks that I was ill. The first complaints came on March 23: a severe fever, pain in my throat and a very bad headache. When I was at night suddenly felt so bad and thought I was choking, I knew this was no ordinary flu. A few days later I was tested in the emergency room, but I was not admitted. I was given medication, was monitored by the doctor and I mainly had to catch up at home. For three months I was so sick that I could not get out of bed. An anxious period in which I was also told that my contract was not renewed because of corona.

I’ve always been someone who never whines, but this virus really gets into it. I am still short of breath every day, have pain in my chest and am still very tired. In addition, I still do not smell or taste anything and I have a lung capacity of someone who has severe asthma. For that I now have to puff three times a day to get more air and to protect my lungs against pneumonia.

I notice that more and more people no longer adhere to the rule of keeping their distance from each other. Then I think: why not? You never know how you will wake up tomorrow. You can catch it anywhere, just like me. I can get really angry when I see that, and that’s why I want more people to know what corona can do to you. Because I’m not the only one who, after months, is still struggling daily with pain, anxiety and forgetfulness. “

Source link by

*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here