A court in central Chinese province of Henan accused the woman of putting sodium nitrite in porridge prepared for her colleague’s students. As a result, 25 children became ill and had to be hospitalized. The poisoning took place in March 2019. One boy became seriously ill and died in January this year.
According to the court, the woman knew that sodium nitrite was harmful, but continued “without regard to the consequences”.
Sodium nitrite is used, among other things, for keeping meat longer, but can be toxic if it is consumed in large quantities.
It was not the first time that the woman used sodium nitrite to poison someone, authorities said. In 2017, she put the stuff in her husband’s mug, causing minor injuries.
An update of the most important news every day during lunch.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1424290748/chinese-kleuterjuf-krijgt-doodstraf-voor-vergiftigen-tientallen-kinderen
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!