No 5G, but it supports wireless charging and will have a small secondary screen
It cannot be said that today was a stingy day of information for those who are waiting for the arrival of Galaxy Z Flip. Samsung’s second foldable smartphone was the protagonist of a series of leaks from several fronts, but this is nothing compared to the amount of details that have just been leaked. A couple of weeks earlier than the official presentation, the most classic leak has taken place, whose source appears to be an official marketing release.
The usually well-informed German site WinFuture reported a series of images depicting two of the colors with which the phone should be marketed worldwide: purple and black.
- OS: Android 10 with One UI 2.o
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- Screen: Dynamic AMOLED 6.7 ″ with Always On, Infinity-O, Full HD + (2,636 x 1,080 pixels)
- Secondary screen: 1.06 ″ (300 x 116 pixels), Super AMOLED with Always On, Gorilla Glass 6
- RAM and storage: 8/256 GB UFS 3.0 non-expandable, with direct support for Samsung Cloud, Google Drive, MS OneDrive
- Rear camera: 12 MP main sensor with dual pixel, f / 1.8 aperture, 78 ° viewing angle + 12 MP f / 2.2 super wide-angle secondary sensor, 123 °, flash, HDR 10+, quick start, optical stabilization
- Front camera: 10 MP dual pixel, f / 2.4, 80 °, with auto focus and voice control
- Video: UHD 4K 60 fps (main sensor), UHD 4K 30 fps (front sensor), HDR10 +
- Video formats: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, AVI, MKV, WBEM
- Sensors: accelerometer, barometer, compass, light sensor, proximity sensor, for fingerprints (on the side), gyroscope
- Battery: 3,300 mAh with 15 W fast charging and 9 W Qi charging
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, NFC, Wi-Fi 6 (2.4 + 5 GHz), Wi-Fi direct, Mirrorlink, Smart View
- 2G (GPRS / EDGE): GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G (HSDPA +): B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B4 (AWS), B5 (850), B8 (900)
- 4G (LTE): B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B4 (AWS), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B12, B13, B14, B17 (700) , B18, B19, B20 (800), B25, B26, B28 (700), B29, B30, B34, B38, B39, B40, B41, B46, B66, B71
- Safety: facial recognition, Knox 3.4.1, secure folder
- Audio: AKG stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, built-in Spotify app
- Audio formats: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DFF, DSF, DSF, APE
- Geolocation: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- colors: black, purple
- Folded: 87.4 x 73.6 x 15.4-17.3 mm
- Open: 167.9 x 73.6 x 6.9-7.2 mm
- Weight: 183 g
READ ALSO: 5G: necessary revolution or useless technology?
In addition to all this, the release explicitly speaks of a product intended for users looking for a device with personality and with influencer ready features. At the moment it is not clear whether this is a typical phrase of marketing presentations or if there will be special functions. It becomes evident instead of the smartphone can also be kept open in intermediate positions (70 ° -110 °), that the screen will have a hole in the center at the top to accommodate the front camera equipped with autofocus and that there will be a small secondary screen on the back, which will show time and notifications.
At the same time we find confirmation that Galaxy Z Flip will not have 5G support, but can be recharged wirelessly. Complete the picture Android 10 with One UI 2.0, a fingerprint reader on the side and a battery with the same capacity as Galaxy S10e (so let’s imagine a similar autonomy). The phone will be marketed from February 14th onwards to likely list price of around € 1,500.
SMARTWORLD FACEBOOK GROUP
TELEGRAM CHANNEL OFFERS