Continue the strongly unstable phase on Liguria. From today's afternoon, Thursday 7 November, showers and thunderstorms they will affect the region starting from Ponente while they will become persistent on the Centro Levante.
Weather alert for widespread and stormy rains, here are the details:
On the west (zones A, Imperia including, E, D, small and medium basins) from 4pm today, 7am to 8am tomorrow, 8 November.
On the center and the east (zones B, C, E, small and medium basins) yellow alert from 16 today, then orange from 6pm to 8am tomorrow Friday 7, then again yellow up to 15. Sui large basins of C and E yellow alert from 16 today to 15 tomorrow, Friday 8.
In the last hours the instability has pruined thunderstorm phenomena with hail that affected the central sector of the region and in particular the Genoese West, the Polcevera Valley, the Scrivia Valley, reaching then the Val Bisagno.
The maximum cumulative is recorded at Santuario del Monte Gazzo with 54.2 millimeters (27.4 maximum cumulative hourly, 12.2 in 15 minutes), followed by Pontedecimo with 36.8, Pegli with 35.6, Bolzaneto with 35.2 while, in Fiumara, a backhand has accumulated 7.4 millimeters in 5 minutes. Moreover, around 10 am, a series of sea trumpets were formed in front of the Genoese coast.
From the afternoon of today one is expected on Liguria new disturbance that will favor the increase in instability starting from the West. They will be possible heavy showers and thunderstorms and organized in the West while on the Levant center the phenomena may have the character of persistence.
To signal the reinforcement of the winds and, from tomorrow afternoon, the rise of the sea with swell to agitated. The most intense precipitations yes they will be able to check until tomorrow morning, Friday 8 but following conditions of instability will remain especially on the Centro Levante.
Finally, with regard to temperatures, last night, in some stations in the interior of the region registered values below zero: -1.0 at Poggio Fearza (Imperia), -0.8 at Cabanne (Genoa), -0.1 at Pratomollo (Genoa). In the Savona area of minimum 1.1 in Montenotte Inferiore, in the La Spezia area of 1.9 in Cembrano. In the reference stations of the provincial capital cities these are the minimum: Genoa Functional Center 10.0, Savona Nautical Institute 9.7, Imperia Earthquake Weather Observatory 10.3, La Spezia 7.3
Here are the phenomena foreseen in the meteorological warning issued today:
- TODAY, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 7TH: a new Atlantic perturbation causes precipitations widespread from the afternoon, even to backwash or storms Moderate rainfall intensity expected on A, B, C, E, significant amounts on B, D, E, elevated on C. High probability of strong and organized thunderstorms on A, D, also persistent on B, C, E. Venti in reinforcement from North, North-West on D and western part of B with possible gusts in the evening up to 40-50 km / h, strong from South-East on C, E and eastern part of B with possible gusts in the evening up to 60- 70 km / h.
- TOMORROW, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8: up to the early morning still high probability of strong and organized thunderstorms on A, D, also persistent on B, C, E. Subsequently, conditions of instability remain with possible strong or organized thunderstorms, in particular on B, C, E. Moderate rainfall intensity expected on A, B, C, E, significant amounts on B, D, E, elevated on C. Strong south-west winds on A and from evening on C with possible gusts up to 50 -60 km / h. From the afternoon the sea rises to rough on C and locally on A.
- AFTER DAYS, SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9TH: the formation of a minimum depression on the Corsica Sea determines new unstable conditions with precipitations also of a reverse or temporal nature that locally can assume a strong intensity on C.
This is the division into zones of the regional territory:
- A: Along the coast from Ventimiglia to Noli, the entire province of Imperia, the Centa valley
- B: Along the coast from Spotorno to Camogli including, Val Polcevera and Alta Val Bisagno
- C: Along the coast from Portofino to the border with Tuscany, the whole province of La Spezia, Val Fontanabuona and Valle Sturla
- D: Stura valley and Savona hinterland up to Val Bormida
- E: Valle Scrivia, Val d’Aveto and Val Trebbia
- The Regional Operations Room will remain open for the entire duration of the alert.
In case of intense events, during the alert the monitoring will be published on the site www.allertaliguria.gov.it, also sent via twitter (follow @ARPALiguria).