Microsoft test in Japan: 4-day shortened work week, profitability + 40%

0
5


For years, especially in the northern Europe, one experiences what comes
defined as the "short week", or work four days, from Monday
on Thursday The results? A success for the company and for employees, with a
general increase in productivity. Almost a logical contradiction, but one that
finds confirmation where this formula is tested.
A similar test took place in August Microsoft (source:

CNBC
): 2,300 employees, throughout the month, they could
experience the short week, with the aim of collecting the results after one
period certainly not long, but not limited to a single week. The company, per
this month, he also paid Friday as if he were working.
Well, at that time Microsoft recorded an increased profitability of the
39.9%
, measured as sales generated per individual employee,
simultaneously exploiting teleworking, videoconferencing and meetings with
maximum duration of 30 minutes.
The costs have fallen: 32.1% less electricity dissipated
and also a -58.7% in the form of printed sheets at that time.
A success across the board therefore, valued from the 92% of the
employees
who returned to this particular test. Northern Studies
Europe showcased as the average daily productivity limited to
few hours, which is why there have been several companies "gambling",
or risk for a certain period with less time spent in the company (o
in telework) and watch what happened.
A company must invoice, let's start from this assumption. Leaving aside
therefore those that really put the first in the welfare of the
employees
even accepting a drop in turnover, an argument pi
cynical
indicates that the advantage also for the company itself. Not only
costs less, in fact, but also a profitability per employee by far
above average, where a fundamental role plays psychological leverage
of doing better, more and faster
, moved by the gratification of the
Friday at home
.
Microsoft will repeat the experiment this winter too. It must be said that the
great success also because it was held in Japan, used to having few
holidays and with weekly hours much higher than in the rest of countries
industrialized
. It is always better to remember that there is a word in Japan
specific for super-job death, karoshi. The news
would end up here but a doubt comes to us: the initiative, as we have said,
92% of employees liked it. What was wrong with the remaining 8%?



Source link
https://www.hwupgrade.it/news/software-business/test-microsoft-in-giappone-settimana-lavorativa-accorciata-a-4-giorni-redditivita-+40_85321.html

Dmca

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

twenty − 9 =