Financial choices – As for financial choices, Italians continue to put their money aside. But those who succeed in doing so are diminishing and the savings stock is slowly becoming eroded. To save on a regular basis, especially for precautionary reasons, is "31% of respondents, slightly lower than the previous year when the figure stood at 33%". The report also points out that the percentage rises to 37% for those who manage to save on an occasional basis, while 26% do not set aside anything, especially because the expenses absorb all family income. The lack of savings represents the greatest deterrent to investment, followed by a lack of confidence in the financial system. At the end of 2018, "30% of Italian families claim to have at least one financial asset, represented by mutual funds and Italian government bonds, respectively in 26% and 18% of cases".
Who makes family choices – In the family, it is still the vast majority of men who make investment decisions, even if in six cases out of ten they share the choice with the partner. In line with previous findings, "about 75% of financial decision makers are men, the remaining 25% are predominantly single women," the statement reads. The economic-financial choices "are however shared with the partner in over 60% of the cases, while the figure rises to 80% if other members of the family nucleus are also considered",