The important appointment is renewed with the solidarity promoted by the ADAIL – Italian Association against Leukemias, lymphomas and myeloma that this year celebrates its 50 years of activity. The event is held thanks to the commitment of 20,000 volunteers who will offer a Christmas map to those who will pay a minimum membership fee of 12 euros.
Christmas Stars are all characterized by the AIL logo.
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of AIL, the historic chocolate company VENCHI has created a special box of assorted chocolates, AIL Chocolate Dreams: a pack of 220 grams of sweetness and genuineness, to help patients give their dreams a future. AIL Chocolate Dreams will be distributed at all AIL provincial branch offices and in many Italian squares, with a minimum contribution of 15 euros.
Over the years, the initiative has made it possible to raise significant funds for the funding of scientific research and healthcare projects and has contributed to making progress in the treatment of blood cancer known.
The relevant results in scientific studies and increasingly effective and targeted therapies, including immunotherapy (CAR-T) and stem cell transplantation, have indeed brought about a great improvement in the diagnosis and treatment of hematological patients, adults and children . It is necessary, however, to continue on this path to reach new goals and make leukemias, lymphomas and myelomas ever more healing.
The funds raised will be used for:
1) Supporting Scientific Research;
2) Collaborate in the Home Assistance service for adults and children. The IDA now provides a total of 42 home care services. This activity allows patients to be followed by specialized personnel at home, thus reducing hospitalization times and at the same time ensuring therapeutic continuity after discharge;
3) Support the AIL Housing Homes, facilities located near the Hematology Centers that welcome patients and their families forced to move from their place of residence for treatment. Currently there are 35 Italian provinces hosting this service with 4,301 guests each year, of which 1,777 patients and 2,524 family members;
4) Support the functioning of the Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant Centers and support the laboratories for diagnosis and research;
5) Fund Social-Assistance services with 2,970 families supported each year;
6) Promote training and professional development of doctors, biologists, nurses and laboratory technicians.
To find out in which squares the AIL stars are found
call 06 7038 6013 or visit www.ail.it
FOR DONATIONS: C / C POSTAL AIL No. 873000