Following the failures in the electronic banking transaction system of Prosa in recent weeks, at least six banks in Mexico reported errors at the time of making physical or online collections.
The Prosa data center facilitates some credit and debit operations in various Latin American entities, and in our country it works with Banorte, HSBC, Santander, Banjercito, Invex and Scotiabank, entities that were affected.
“If the bank payment system does not work, the most common is that even physical or electronic transactions are not authorized, but it is important that the user monitors the movements of his account in the next seven days after the failure, in order to identify that no charge was really generated ”, warns Sebastián Medrano, director of Coru.com
"However, cardholders must also know that there are other reasons on our part that can generate an error in plastics when paying", Add.
The comparator of financial services Coru.com, orients the clients of bank and departmental cards on the possible errors of user that can impede the operation of the plastics when paying in different commercial establishments and electronic transactions.
Why don't you pay with my credit card?
Beyond the external failures of payment networks, there are other situations that can cause the card to be rejected. Among the most common are:
1) Card suspension for non-payment. In these cases, the bank or the issuing department store may have reported the card directly as blocked within 24 hours after the deadline to settle the outstanding debt.
2) Plastic expiration. Even if the account is active and / or with available funds, if the expiration date printed on the card is expired it may be invalid at the time of the transaction. The user must contact the issuing entity to replace the plastic with a new one.
3) Blocking by unusual movements. Issuing entities usually have a usage pattern based on your usual purchases and movements. If they detect a charge for a suspicious amount or trade or from an unusual place, they could block the credit or debit card and even shield the account, until the holder personally validates the purchase, reactivates and / or requests a new card.
4) Insufficient funds. The account does not have the amount necessary to make the payment.
5) The charge exceeds the maximum amount. The bank does not authorize payment because it is higher than what you have approved on your credit line or the maximum collection limit with that card, previously approved by the holder.
6) Excess operations. You made more payments than usual and your bank stops the use of your card for security.
7) The card does not accept online payments. In some cases you have blocked online operations and you must activate them.
8) The card does not allow international payments. The issuing bank has your operations limited to the country in which it was issued.
9) The card does not accept automatic charges. If recurring charges will be made, the bank may stop the operation until authorized by other means.
10) Incorrect data (in the case of online transactions). In this case it is an error when capturing any of your authentication data such as: expiration date and / or card number, telephone or address associated with the plastic.
If the payment network does not report any widespread problem in the banks and the purchase is not authorized with the plastic anyway, it is recommended that the holder contact the issuing institution directly, because perhaps a blockade was activated or the system detected strange activity in the account.
Get in touch with us on YouTube: