Started in a solitary breakaway more than one hundred kilometers from the finish, the Belgian is well on his way to gain another victory among the pros.
At the time of writing, Remco Evenepoel keeps 1'00 "ahead of the first peloton, 22 kilometers from the finish, knowing that the Tour of Germany is only four stages (and that this Friday is the second), it could take a nice option on the final victory, but it still has some difficulties to overcome since this second stage is cut for punchers.
The live of the race:
– 8 kilometers from the finish: Remco Evenepoel is resumed after a solitary breakaway of nearly one hundred kilometers. How many other 19-year-old riders can boast of such a performance, only shattered by the undermining work of a former Tour winner?
– 13 kilometers from the finish: the gap continues to fall: 30 seconds. It will be a bit short, for Remco, while Geraint Thomas has taken the lead. But with him, you never know …
– 18 kilometers from the finish: the peloton chasers recompose and the gap stagnates at 50 seconds … Evenepoel's teammates perfectly protect his offensive by jumping in the wheels of the counter-attackers.
– 22 kilometers from the finish: Lutsenko starts the hostilities within the peloton and the gap goes back under the minute. The peloton of the defeated, including all the sprinters, points to 5'00 "The leader, he had to avoid a cyclist imprudent …
– 30 kilometers from the finish: the gap begins to melt, especially under the impetus of Geraint Thomas who rolls alone at the head of the pack and who gives everything …
– 40 kilometers from the finish: maximum distance reached for Remco: 3'20 "!
– 90 kilometers from the finish: several riders start "the board" at the head of the pack, understanding that the danger is real. But the gap does not diminish.
– 105 kilometers from the finish: Evenepoel attacks alone. He quickly dug a minute gap between him and a reduced squad.