(Boursier.com) – THE TREND
The CAC40 continues its progression this Friday, ready to conclude a very beautiful week. Up 0.9% at nearly 5,500 points, the Paris index has risen more than 3% since Monday with a single session down Wednesday. The New York Stock Exchange ended on a solid rise Thursday night, boosted by the more conciliatory tone adopted by Beijing in the trade dispute with the United States. The Chinese Commerce Ministry said it was discussing with Washington a resumption of bilateral talks, and China was willing to resolve the problem calmly. This is enough to reassure the markets, which have been evolving for long weeks at the pace of progress and tensions between the two leading world economies.
Statements by members of the European Central Bank are on the rise as the next monetary policy meeting is scheduled for 12 September. If the future President of the ECB, Christine Lagarde, said yesterday that the Institution has a "wide range of tools at its disposal and must be ready to act", Sabine Lautenschläger believes that the time has not come for the ECB to consider a "broad package" of monetary support measures in the face of growing economic uncertainty in the euro area.
* BNP Paribas (+ 1.2% to 41.3 euros) should submit an offer on the equity derivatives portfolio of Deutsche Bank and the French bank thinks it can push back the competing proposals to reach an agreement in the coming weeks, said sources close from the record to Reuters.
* Pernod Ricard remains up 1% to 173.6 euros. Jefferies raised his target from 160 to 175 euros and renewed his "keep" opinion. Deutsche Bank maintains its opinion "keep on" by targeting 173 euros.
* PSA Group earns 2% and Renault 1%. "There is not, to my knowledge, new negotiations between Fiat and Renault," said Martin Vial this morning on Radio Classique this morning. The commissioner of participations of the State was questioned about the press information evoking a possible resumption of the negotiations. Rumors circulate about this, fueled lately by an article in the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore according to which contact between the two groups has never been broken.
* Stef jumped 10% to 84.8 euros, boosted by the publication of very good intermediate results. The group specializing in transport services and temperature-controlled logistics services generated operating income of € 67.4 million in the first half of 2019, up sharply by 40%. Net profit increased by 20% to 39.9 ME.
* Archos (-3.90% to 0.16 euros) recorded a turnover of 17.2 ME in the first half of 2019, compared to 32.3 ME in the first half of 2018. The consolidated net loss is established at – 26.6 ME against -5.1 ME in the first half of 2018.
* Pharnext plunges 40% to 7.24 euros in a very large volume. The US health agency, the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) has recommended the company to conduct an additional Phase 3 clinical study for PXT3003 in Charcot-Marie-Toothde disease type 1A (CMT1A).
* Iliad yields 1.3% to 93.7 euros. Bryan, Garnier & Co has lowered the target from 150 to 145 euros but remains on the purchase.
* No significant declines on the CAC40.
© 2019, Boursier.com